Google My Business Checklist
Follow this simple DIY guide to learn how to leverage Google My Business to earn better rankings and attract more customers.
Take control of your brand’s online presence!
- Ensure a live Google My Business listing exists for your brand. To check, “Google” search your business name + address and check the right-hand side of the search results for a “knowledge graph” showing your business information. If no such knowledge graph is shown try searching for alternate business names and/or old addresses.
- If you cannot find a live Google Business listing for your brand go to Google.com/business and create a free listing today!
Have a live Google Business listing?
Great, now make sure it’s claimed and verified!
- To ensure your Google My Business listing is claimed, find your listing then look for a link under the phone number that says, “Own this business?” or “Claim this business”? If you see either link, click it and follow the steps to verify and own your Google My Business listing.
- If you do not see a link that says, “Own this business” or “Claim this business”, on your live Google My Business listing then move on to the steps below to enhance your listing.
Enhance your Google My Business listing to outperform your competition!
- Go to Google.com/business and get logged in using the Google account used to create/claim/verify your live listing.
- Once signed in, go to the “Info” section of the listing and ensure you have completed all of the available fields.
- Google is adding new fields all the time so check back regularly to ensure you keep your listing fully enhanced.
- Don’t forget to add a couple of new photos or videos to your listing quarterly – Google loves to see engaged business owners adding new information about their brand regularly.
- Got Reviews? Be sure to reply to all positive and negative reviews via the Google Business interface to earn more trust and authority with the search engines and your potential customers.
- Make sure the business name, address, and phone number displayed on your Google My Business listing exactly matches the information on your website and on every other online directory your brand is mentioned in; examples include Yelp, Facebook, BBB, and Manta. Having consistent information for your brand online will help the search engines easily find all mentions of your brand and attribute them toward your authority which should result in higher rankings.
- Get more positive reviews than your competition to earn better rankings. Reviews send a strong signal to the search engines letting them know your brand is a valuable resource in your area. Brands with the most positive reviews consistently outrank their competition and when Google trusts your brand enough to rank it highly in their search results your potential customers will trust your brand too.
Need help controlling your brand’s online presence?
Give us a call at 480-912-3176 to learn more about Big Tuna’s Local+ listing management service to create, correct, and control your brand’s digital footprint to earn better rankings and attract more customers to your business.